Forum

JiFile for Joomla!

JIFile
JiFile is a component for Joomla! that allows you to index file contents (PDF, DOC, etc..) to perform searches in them.

Learn more...  Demo

JoomPhoto Mobile

JPhotoMobile
JoomPhoto Mobile is a component for Joomla! that allows you to share the photos from your Android device to your site Joomla.

Learn more...  Demo

iFile Framework

IFile
IFile is an open source framework written entirely in PHP, allows the indexing of textual content of a document (DOC, PDF, EXCEL, etc.) and a quick search within them.

Learn more...  Demo

Easy Language

EasyLanguage
Easy Language is a plugin for easy and immediate management of multilingual texts in every possible area of joomla, articles, components, modules, metadata, template, other components(example K2) etc.

Learn more...

Article Book Effect

Article Book Effect
View Joomla articles with the effect turns the page of a book. This plugin will display the contents of an article in Joomla as a real book or magazine, using all the benefits of HTML5

Learn more...  Demo

Passport photo

Passport photo
The most popular Android app that allows you to print photos cards for your documents with your Android smartphone, in a simple and intuitive way.

Learn more...

Crazy Shadow

Crazy Shadow
Crazy Shadow is the 3D fast-paced and fun puzzle Android game! Try to rotate and drag shapes in the position of their shadows without fail! Solve in succession all combinations of levels of the game.

Learn more...

Admin Countdown

Admin Countdown
Module for Joomla! 2.5 and 3.x displays in the administration part of the site, a timer with countdown of the time remaining in your session.

Learn more...  Demo

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: XPDF Unexecutable

Re: XPDF Unexecutable 19 Jun 2012 22:39 #445

Back for another try at getting this tool to work.

I looked closer at the 64bit setting. Although it is set to 64bit in the control panel, I notice in the Report Check System page that it says "Undefined".

And I did copy the 64 bit binary files from the respective linux/windows folders to their parent folders.

Interesting to note that 16 our of 300+ files were indexed (albeit showing only minimal image info). However, these are just jpg files we have - scanned documents with no OCR. So JiFile is indexing some jpg files and nothing else. Almost all our documents are PDF, which we need indexed most.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: XPDF Unexecutable 20 Jun 2012 16:02 #446

• Giampaolo
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 43
Hi,
contact us via email to share and solve your problems.

info[at]isapp.it
If you like, if it was useful, consider a donation, Thanks
Se vuoi, se ti siamo stati utili, considera una donazione, Grazie
Help us by voting our extensions on Joomla.org:
JiFile
JoomPhoto Mobile
Easy Language

Re: XPDF Unexecutable 30 Jul 2012 16:56 #497

Did anything ever come of this... I have managed to index my DOC files on my site, but following these steps, I still am unable to index any PDFs - my site consists of over 400 PDFs so it's very important they be indexed.

Re: XPDF Unexecutable 31 Jul 2012 14:15 #498

• Giampaolo
  • Administrator
JiFile
JoomPhoto Mobile
Easy Language

XPDF Unexecutable 14 Jun 2013 14:30 #1256

Hello.
I also was stoped on "Empty body" in pdf-files. Please let me know have you solved this problem with Chris Whitside?
Thank you.

XPDF Unexecutable 14 Jun 2013 14:50 #1257

• Giampaolo
  • Administrator
Hi,
you can contact us to:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

insert in the mail object, the object of this topic.
JiFile
JoomPhoto Mobile
Easy Language

XPDF Unexecutable 15 Jul 2013 20:36 #1282

Hi,

I have followed all troubleshooting advice in every post on your website but I am still getting "Empty body" when indexing PDF documents. Your help getting this resolved with others has been amazing. Indexing works well with Word docs.

I have checked encoding, made sure everything is executable XPDF is 755, updated the default server check file to only point at "adapter/helpers/binaries/linux/pdftotex" not usr/bin.

I am not sure if this makes a difference but my PDF files are MS Word documents saved as PDF.

Would appreciate your help since I have hundreds of files to index on an Intranet web site.

Thank you.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

XPDF Unexecutable 16 Jul 2013 10:16 #1283

• Giampaolo
  • Administrator
Hi,
we test your PDF and let you know.
JiFile
JoomPhoto Mobile
Easy Language