Forum

JiFile for Joomla!

JIFile
JiFile is a component for Joomla! that allows you to index file contents (PDF, DOC, etc..) to perform searches in them.

Learn more...  Demo

JoomPhoto Mobile

JPhotoMobile
JoomPhoto Mobile is a component for Joomla! that allows you to share the photos from your Android device to your site Joomla.

Learn more...  Demo

iFile Framework

IFile
IFile is an open source framework written entirely in PHP, allows the indexing of textual content of a document (DOC, PDF, EXCEL, etc.) and a quick search within them.

Learn more...  Demo

Easy Language

EasyLanguage
Easy Language is a plugin for easy and immediate management of multilingual texts in every possible area of joomla, articles, components, modules, metadata, template, other components(example K2) etc.

Learn more...

Article Book Effect

Article Book Effect
View Joomla articles with the effect turns the page of a book. This plugin will display the contents of an article in Joomla as a real book or magazine, using all the benefits of HTML5

Learn more...  Demo

Passport photo

Passport photo
The most popular Android app that allows you to print photos cards for your documents with your Android smartphone, in a simple and intuitive way.

Learn more...

Crazy Shadow

Crazy Shadow
Crazy Shadow is the 3D fast-paced and fun puzzle Android game! Try to rotate and drag shapes in the position of their shadows without fail! Solve in succession all combinations of levels of the game.

Learn more...

Admin Countdown

Admin Countdown
Module for Joomla! 2.5 and 3.x displays in the administration part of the site, a timer with countdown of the time remaining in your session.

Learn more...  Demo

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Can not delete single pdf document from index

Can not delete single pdf document from index 26 Aug 2012 07:54 #530

Hi,
If I delete a single pdf document from my Index, I get a red circle in front of the document, but I cannot remove it completely. If I remove the same document from the Filesystem, the document turns grey with the addition (File not found).
Only if I use Delete all, the document dissapears together with all the other documents. But then I only can restore the other documents manually.
So my question is: How can I just complete remove an indexed file from my system.
Thanks,
bestcons
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Can not delete single pdf document from index 26 Aug 2012 08:21 #531

• Antonio
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 66
Watch the latest point of this www.isapp.it/en/jifile-quick-tutorial.html (#Delete files indexed)
If you like, if it was useful, consider a donation, Thanks
Se vuoi, se ti siamo stati utili, considera una donazione, Grazie
Help us by voting our extensions on Joomla.org:
JiFile
JoomPhoto Mobile
Easy Language

Re: Can not delete single pdf document from index 26 Aug 2012 09:10 #532

Hi Antonio,
If I do so, I get a white screen and Connecting...... continues indefinitely, until I select another page.
My configuration:
JiFile 1.0.7
Joomla 2.5.6
Linux 64 bits
Regards,
bestcons

Re: Can not delete single pdf document from index 27 Aug 2012 11:55 #533

• Antonio
  • Administrator
Hi Bestcons,
have you tried to enable Error Reporting?
To access the page, go to Site > Global Configuration -> Server settings section
Change Error Reporting to Maximum.

Now browse to JiFile page, this time you will see the PHP output of any errors, notices or warnings. Note the file, line number and type of error described and write me.
JiFile
JoomPhoto Mobile
Easy Language

Re: Can not delete single pdf document from index 27 Aug 2012 19:27 #540

Hi Antonio,
I have set the Error Reporting to Maximum, but I do not see any Error on the JiFile page. I went one step further setting the Error Reporting to Development.
That gave only a number of Strict Standards Errors.
I have another, probably related, error to mention. Having deleted all the files, the Filesystem recognizes the need to index these files by turning the Index icon red. If I select that button, I also receive a blank screen and the browser tab indication Connecting.......Indexing manually is OK.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
bestcons

Re: Can not delete single pdf document from index 28 Aug 2012 08:20 #541

Antonio,
The problem is related to the jAddAnalytics plugin from SiteGround to integrate GoogleAnalytics into my website.
If I disable this plugin, the problem is gone.
Any suggestion, or just delete the plugin?
Regards,
bestcons

Re: Can not delete single pdf document from index 29 Aug 2012 14:57 #552

• Antonio
  • Administrator
When I have time I try install the plugin to understand what is the error, even if it is strange it should work only in the frontend ... mah.

I'll let you know.
JiFile
JoomPhoto Mobile
Easy Language

Re: Can not delete single pdf document from index 03 Sep 2012 14:02 #569

Antonio,
I keep fighting with the indexing. Today I noticed that I was not able to add files for indexing. The message is: Error recovery document: Empty body.
So I fully deleted an earlier indexed file (which works now without a hitch, optimized the index and tried to re-index. This time I received the same Error message, although the file could be indexed before!
I have set in the Configuration Server to 32 bit, although the server is actually 64 bit, but that is from what I learned from earlier forum discussions. So far however without any result.
Do you have an idea what this might cause?
Thanks,
bestcons