Forum

JiFile per Joomla!

JIFile
JiFile è una componente per Joomla! che permette di indicizzare il contenuto dei file(PDF, DOC, ecc.) per poter effettuare delle ricerche al loro interno.

Scopri di più...  Demo

JoomPhoto Mobile

JPhotoMobile
JoomPhoto Mobile è una componente per Joomla! che ti permette di condividere le foto dal tuo dispositivo Android sul tuo portale Joomla!.

Scopri di più...  Demo

iFile Framework

IFile
IFile è un framework open source scritto interamente in PHP, permette l'indicizzazione dei contenuti testuali di un documento (DOC, PDF, EXCEL, etc) e una rapida ricerca all'interno degli stessi.

Scopri di più...  Demo

Easy Language

EasyLanguage
Easy Language è un plugin per la gestione semplice ed immediata di testi multilingua in ogni parte possibile di joomla, articoli, componenti, moduli, metadata, template, altri componenti(esempio K2) ecc.

Scopri di più...

Article Book Effect

Article Book Effect
Visualizza gli articoli di Joomla con l'effetto volta pagina di un libro. Questo plugin consente di visualizzare il contenuto di un articolo Joomla come un vero e proprio libro o una rivista, utilizzando tutti i vantaggi di HTML5

Scopri di più...  Demo

Fototessera

Article Book Effect
La più famosa Android App che ti permette di stampare le foto tessere per i tuoi documenti con il tuo smartphone Android, in modo semplice ed intuitivo.

Scopri di più...

Ombra pazza 3D

Ombra pazza 3D
Ombra Pazza è il puzzle game 3D frenetico e divertente per Android! Prova a ruotare le forme portandole nella posizione delle proprie ombre senza mai fallire! Risolvi una dopo l'altra tutte le combinazioni dei livelli di gioco.

Scopri di più...

Admin Countdown

Admin Countdown
Modulo per Joomla! 2.5 e 3.x visualizza nella parte di amministrazione del sito, un timer con il conto alla rovescia del tempo rimanente della tua sessione.

Scopri di più...  Demo

Benvenuto, Ospite
Nome utente: Password: Ricordami

ARGOMENTO: Special characters in searches ?

Special characters in searches ? 05/03/2013 13:01 #1022

• DMM
  • Fresh Boarder
Firstly thank-you for creating this VERY useful plug-in.

I am quickly testing the plug-in on a XAMMP setup.

But I am having trouble with using special chracters : ö ü etc. when trying to search from the Joomla front end. It cannot find the documents when I search for words that have special characters.

If I look at the details for an indexing, in the pop-up window, in the body text I see the words with special characters correctly displayed.

I also cannot index documents that have special characters. I see the documents in the list in the filesystem listings, but the special characters are displayed as a square - therefore the message comes from the indexer that it cannot find the file.

The question is : does your plugin work with special characters ?

I will install on an IIS7.5 system to check if this is because I am testing on XAMMP.

Thanks,

Dave
L\'Amministratore ha disattivato l\'accesso in scrittura al pubblico.

Special characters in searches ? 05/03/2013 14:39 #1024

• Giampaolo
  • Administrator
  • Ringraziamenti ricevuti 43
Hi Dave,
read this topic "Probably an encoding problem":

www.isapp.it/en/forum/jifile-for-joomla-...ncoding-problem.html
If you like, if it was useful, consider a donation, Thanks
Se vuoi, se ti siamo stati utili, considera una donazione, Grazie
Help us by voting our extensions on Joomla.org:
JiFile
JoomPhoto Mobile
Easy Language

Special characters in searches ? 05/03/2013 16:07 #1027

• DMM
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank-you Giampaolo,

I read that post - but I have this problem from Word documents also. The content body is loaded in correctly when indexing - with correct special characters. I see that in "Document details" when I look at the indexed data and clck on "Detail +" .

But the search box does not fnd the term, or the search filter in iFile backend. And the results that do come back don't display the characters correctly.

Questa immagine è nascosta ai visitatori. Prego accedi o registrati per visualizzarli.

Also the files with special characters are not displayed correctly in the listing - see attached image.

Questa immagine è nascosta ai visitatori. Prego accedi o registrati per visualizzarli.

I have also installed a fresh joomla on an IIS7.5 server (Windows 2008 server) and have the exact same problems.

It looks like a problem with the swapping encoding between Joomla and iFile ?

I have set the backend to

Encoding : windows1252 (I find that decodes the word documents the best, with ü etc no problem)

and

Analyzer type : UTF8_CaseInsensitive

Am I doing something wrong ?

Dave
Allegati:
  • Allegato Questa immagine è nascosta ai visitatori. Prego accedi o registrati per visualizzarli.

Special characters in searches ? 05/03/2013 16:18 #1028

• Giampaolo
  • Administrator
Hi,
the problem is the name of file?
We started the development of the new version of JiFile that solves, also, this problem.
But the new release is very young and we do not think to release it as soon as possible.
If you problem is name of file, you must rename this (for moment).

If the problem is the content of the documents, for the "Word" documents, if you not use Antiword, IFile reads all content in ISO-8859-1.
You can convert this document in PDF format for used all power of XPDF.
For this second problem, if you want, you can send us your Word Document at

info[at]isapp.it

for testing of the correct encoding that you must use in your configuration.
JiFile
JoomPhoto Mobile
Easy Language
I seguenti utenti ringraziano:: DMM

Special characters in searches ? 05/03/2013 16:56 #1029

• DMM
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank-you very much.

I will send an example word document to you.

I tried the trick with the PDFs (in the documentation you linked me to) and I can now search successfully for words with special characters. If I can do the same with Word files that would be fantastic.

I will make changes to actual file names and directory names.

Dave

Special characters in searches ? 07/03/2013 12:00 #1049

• Giampaolo
  • Administrator
Hi,

Remember that each document could have different encoding. When you index one document (or N° documents) you must define encoding type to read this document and type encoding for convert this encoding in "Analyzer Encoding".

I'll explain:

Your "Word" document is saved in ISO-8859-1 (or Windows 1252).

Now, if you have configured in JiFile "Microsoft Word to Text" with "PHP" mode, (this mode, reads only Word documents in ISO-8859-1- Latin 1), JiFile reads the content and buffer this in ISO-8859-1 encoding.

Because the Analyzer is set in "UTF8_CaseInsensitive" (remember that this field should never be changed), JiFile must convert the content (ISO-8859-1) in UTF8. To do this, you must define encoding of the document in field "Encoding" in JiFile configuration.
JiFile
JoomPhoto Mobile
Easy Language

Special characters in searches ? 07/03/2013 16:14 #1052

• DMM
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks - good explanation.

For me, the problem was I was trying to manually index the word document. No matter which encoding I tried, it just didn't work when I manually indexed the word document (searches includng üöä etc did noot return values).

BUT !

If I set the encoding correctly (I found old .doc and .xls like windows-1252, and PDF, .docx, .pptx like utf8) and used the red "indexes" button they were correctly saved. :)

So, lesson learned : use the "indexes" button for indexing files - NOT the manual indexing.

Dave
Ultima modifica: 07/03/2013 16:15 da DMM.