Forum

JiFile per Joomla!

JIFile
JiFile è una componente per Joomla! che permette di indicizzare il contenuto dei file(PDF, DOC, ecc.) per poter effettuare delle ricerche al loro interno.

Scopri di più...  Demo

JoomPhoto Mobile

JPhotoMobile
JoomPhoto Mobile è una componente per Joomla! che ti permette di condividere le foto dal tuo dispositivo Android sul tuo portale Joomla!.

Scopri di più...  Demo

iFile Framework

IFile
IFile è un framework open source scritto interamente in PHP, permette l'indicizzazione dei contenuti testuali di un documento (DOC, PDF, EXCEL, etc) e una rapida ricerca all'interno degli stessi.

Scopri di più...  Demo

Easy Language

EasyLanguage
Easy Language è un plugin per la gestione semplice ed immediata di testi multilingua in ogni parte possibile di joomla, articoli, componenti, moduli, metadata, template, altri componenti(esempio K2) ecc.

Scopri di più...

Article Book Effect

Article Book Effect
Visualizza gli articoli di Joomla con l'effetto volta pagina di un libro. Questo plugin consente di visualizzare il contenuto di un articolo Joomla come un vero e proprio libro o una rivista, utilizzando tutti i vantaggi di HTML5

Scopri di più...  Demo

Fototessera

Article Book Effect
La più famosa Android App che ti permette di stampare le foto tessere per i tuoi documenti con il tuo smartphone Android, in modo semplice ed intuitivo.

Scopri di più...

Ombra pazza 3D

Ombra pazza 3D
Ombra Pazza è il puzzle game 3D frenetico e divertente per Android! Prova a ruotare le forme portandole nella posizione delle proprie ombre senza mai fallire! Risolvi una dopo l'altra tutte le combinazioni dei livelli di gioco.

Scopri di più...

Admin Countdown

Admin Countdown
Modulo per Joomla! 2.5 e 3.x visualizza nella parte di amministrazione del sito, un timer con il conto alla rovescia del tempo rimanente della tua sessione.

Scopri di più...  Demo

Benvenuto, Ospite
Nome utente: Password: Ricordami

ARGOMENTO: No result if body contains special (German) chars

No result if body contains special (German) chars 03/03/2014 00:10 #1666

• Lisa
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there,

first of all: we love jifile.

But: We do have a problem here which is to do with umlaut characters (ä, ö, ...) in Word / XLS documents.

Excel: The "body retrieved" contains the HTML representation (like ä) of the special characters - I don't know why.
Word: The "body retrieved" contains some strange squares instead of the special characters.

I tried setting the body field to "text", which gives me a "body stored" with ä etc. displayed correctly. But if I search for a word with a special character which is in the "body stored" I don't get any results in the frontend.

I am using JiFile 1.0.9 on Joomla 2.5.9 on a remote LAMP server.
My configuration and a test file is attached. I tried several configurations (like almost anything, playing around with the encoding settings etc., I also had the body field set to UnStored, UnIndexed and Text), and did a lot of research on the internet, but I found nothing relevant to my problem...

Thanks for any advice!
Allegati:
  • Allegato Questo allegato è nascosto ai visitatori. Prego accedi o registrati per visualizzarli.
  • Allegato Questa immagine è nascosta ai visitatori. Prego accedi o registrati per visualizzarli.
  • Allegato Questo allegato è nascosto ai visitatori. Prego accedi o registrati per visualizzarli.
Ultima modifica: 03/03/2014 00:11 da Lisa.
L\'Amministratore ha disattivato l\'accesso in scrittura al pubblico.

No result if body contains special (German) chars 03/03/2014 10:09 #1667

• Giampaolo
  • Administrator
  • Ringraziamenti ricevuti 43
Hi,
the problem is that JiFile (for now) for xls document works only with ISO-8859-1 encoding. For Word you can use "Antiword" for indexing correctly your documents with the special encoding.

We started to study a solution for XLS and we think to integrate this in next release of JiFile.

For now you can open a ticket at isApp.it Siupport Team:
www.isapp.it/en/support-ticket.html

and send us one document Word (and the xls that is present in this topic) and we verify if is possible find a workaround at this problem.
If you like, if it was useful, consider a donation, Thanks
Se vuoi, se ti siamo stati utili, considera una donazione, Grazie
Help us by voting our extensions on Joomla.org:
JiFile
JoomPhoto Mobile
Easy Language

No result if body contains special (German) chars 13/03/2014 13:19 #1671

...actually we (I work with Lisa) have the problem wherever ÜÖÄüöä appear, even in PDF documents.

We updated to JiFile 2.1

I tried any possible configuration for the character encoding, but no success.
I'm fine not having ÜÖÄüöä in filenames, but inside the documents those characters will always appear in our company.

Is there any possible fix/test/attempt on the short term?

No result if body contains special (German) chars 13/03/2014 13:26 #1672

...Lisa, did you already open a ticket?
Ultima modifica: 13/03/2014 13:27 da Massimo Frison.

No result if body contains special (German) chars 13/03/2014 14:32 #1673

• Giampaolo
  • Administrator
Hi,
we not found the Lisa ticket. We response in this Topic.
If you have another problem you need open a ticket with the object of this topic.

----
The problem in many case is the configuration of the JiFile "encoding".

Remember that each document could have different encoding.
When you indexing one document (or N° documents) you must define encoding type to read this document and type encoding for convert this encoding in the "Analyzer Encoding" defined in the Configuration.

I'll explain:

Now the XPDF, of default, reads the content of the PDF file, in ISO-8859-1 (or Windows 1252 or Latin-1), and buffer this in ISO-8859-1 encoding.

If the Analyzer is set in "UTF8_CaseInsensitive" (remember that this field should never be changed), JiFile must convert the buffered content ( ISO-8859-1) in UTF8. To do this, you must define encoding of the document in field "Encoding" in JiFile configuration.

If your "PDF" document is in another type of encoding, you must configure the XPDF for read and buffer the content in this encoding.

This is possible in the configuration of JiFile, changed the encoding of the xpdfrc on the Configuration section.

Another possibility is to change manually the file xpdfrc (if you use JiFiel 2.x) you can find this file in:
administrator\com_jifile\libraries\ifile\adapter\helpers\binaries\xpdfrc\xpdfrc

Warning: the "xpdfrc" file, should not have extension.

For more information you can read englis documentation (download document PDF):

www.isapp.it/en/jifile-documentation.html

Or Italian documentation:

www.isapp.it/it/documentazione-jifile/scarica-pdf.html
JiFile
JoomPhoto Mobile
Easy Language

No result if body contains special (German) chars 07/04/2014 17:52 #1692

• Lisa
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm still working on this one. Sorry that I didn't open a ticket yet... I did some more debugging and discovered that the file is found in one condition: The word you are searching for comes before the first special character. Anything after the first special character won't be found. Due to the fact that these characters have an HTML representation (which usually end with a ';' - like ü) maybe it disturbs the query somehow. But this is just an assumption.

I'll open ticket now.

No result if body contains special (German) chars 10/04/2014 12:51 #1697

• Giampaolo
  • Administrator
Hi,
we received your ticket.
We send you a response in few day, sorry for delay.
Thanks
JiFile
JoomPhoto Mobile
Easy Language

No result if body contains special (German) chars 23/04/2014 09:55 #1718

• Lisa
  • Fresh Boarder
so, another workaround: replace any special chars in search querys with an asterisk (*).