Forum

JiFile for Joomla!

JIFile
JiFile is a component for Joomla! that allows you to index file contents (PDF, DOC, etc..) to perform searches in them.

Learn more...  Demo

JoomPhoto Mobile

JPhotoMobile
JoomPhoto Mobile is a component for Joomla! that allows you to share the photos from your Android device to your site Joomla.

Learn more...  Demo

iFile Framework

IFile
IFile is an open source framework written entirely in PHP, allows the indexing of textual content of a document (DOC, PDF, EXCEL, etc.) and a quick search within them.

Learn more...  Demo

Easy Language

EasyLanguage
Easy Language is a plugin for easy and immediate management of multilingual texts in every possible area of joomla, articles, components, modules, metadata, template, other components(example K2) etc.

Learn more...

Article Book Effect

Article Book Effect
View Joomla articles with the effect turns the page of a book. This plugin will display the contents of an article in Joomla as a real book or magazine, using all the benefits of HTML5

Learn more...  Demo

Passport photo

Passport photo
The most popular Android app that allows you to print photos cards for your documents with your Android smartphone, in a simple and intuitive way.

Learn more...

Crazy Shadow

Crazy Shadow
Crazy Shadow is the 3D fast-paced and fun puzzle Android game! Try to rotate and drag shapes in the position of their shadows without fail! Solve in succession all combinations of levels of the game.

Learn more...

Admin Countdown

Admin Countdown
Module for Joomla! 2.5 and 3.x displays in the administration part of the site, a timer with countdown of the time remaining in your session.

Learn more...  Demo

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I find only a few words

I find only a few words 20 Feb 2012 17:14 #208

• Luca
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,
I've a pdf with exact words: "Part Number:". Go in the index pannel, type "Part Number" search and i find it!. In the same line... near "Part Number" I have "T2X092514R000". Go in the index pannel, type "T2X092514R000", Search but i don't find nothing.
Which could be the problem?

Ciao,
ho un pdf con l'esatta parola: "Part Number:". Vado nel pannello indice, scrivo "Part Number" cerco e trovo il file. Sulla stessa riga del pdf... vicino a "Part Number" ho la parola "T2X092514R000". Vado nel pannello indice, scrivo "T2X092514R000", cerco ma non trovo nulla.
Quale potrebbe essere il problema?

Allego il file.
This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Grazie mille

Luca
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: I find only a few words 21 Feb 2012 01:39 #211

• Giampaolo
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 43
Hi Luca,
we have downloaded the file to verify the problem.

Ciao Luca,
abbiamo scaricato il file per verificare il tuo problema.
If you like, if it was useful, consider a donation, Thanks
Se vuoi, se ti siamo stati utili, considera una donazione, Grazie
Help us by voting our extensions on Joomla.org:
JiFile
JoomPhoto Mobile
Easy Language

Re: I find only a few words 22 Feb 2012 09:56 #222

• Giampaolo
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 43
Hi,
which is the "Analyzer type" that you used?
If you used "Utf8_CaseInsensitive", when lunece, tokenize text, delete the numbers and indexes only the characters.
You can used "Utf8Num_CaseInsensitive" to index the text as characters and numbers.
In your case, even using "Utf8Num_CaseInsensitive" the search does not work.
We are realizing that the method "query () of lucene" used for search does not return correct results.
We are working to find a solution.
Probably release it in the next few days with the new version of JiFile that solves problems and adds some other small features.

Ciao,
quale è il "tipo Analyzer" che hai usato?
Se si è utilizzato "Utf8_CaseInsensitive", quando lucene, tokenizza il testo, cancella i numeri e indicizza solo i caratteri.
Puoi utilizzare "Utf8Num_CaseInsensitive" per indicizzare il testo come caratteri e numeri.

Nel tuo caso, anche utilizzando "Utf8Num_CaseInsensitive" la ricerca non funziona.
Ci siamo resi conto che il metodo "query() di lucene" utilizzato per la ricerca, non ritorna correttamente i risultati attesi.
Stiamo lavorando per trovare una soluzione.
Probabilmente la rilasciamo nei prossimi giorni con la nuova versione di JiFile che risolve altri piccoli problemi e aggiunge alcune feature.
JiFile
JoomPhoto Mobile
Easy Language
Last Edit: 22 Feb 2012 10:04 by Giampaolo.Reason: Integrato altro testo

Re: I find only a few words 22 Feb 2012 10:34 #223

• Luca
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
I have used the analyzer "Utf8Num_CaseInsensitive". Now I also find the numbers. But for numbers + letters + special characters in the same "word" I solved looking for "exact phrase".

Ciao,
ho usato l'analyzer da te indicato. Ora trovo anche i numeri. Per quanto riguarda numeri + lettere + caratetri speciali nella stessa "parola" ho risolto cercando con "frase esatta".

:cheer: Grazie mille!!!

Re: I find only a few words 22 Feb 2012 21:08 #224

• Peter
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I'm using JiFile for the first time and it looks promising. There not so many components which can index pdf-files so it has great potential.

My problem is that JiFile only seems to search the first view lines of my pdf's. I tried different analyzer options like suggested in this post but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

What do I have to do to make it search through the whole pdf?

Thanks,
Peter.

Re: I find only a few words 22 Feb 2012 21:17 #225

• Antonio
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 66
itspetrus wrote:
Hello,

I'm using JiFile for the first time and it looks promising. There not so many components which can index pdf-files so it has great potential.

My problem is that JiFile only seems to search the first view lines of my pdf's. I tried different analyzer options like suggested in this post but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

What do I have to do to make it search through the whole pdf?

Thanks,
Peter.
Try to see the FAQ

By default you can not see the content after a search, to do so, configure the field body as Text (in the Config section), but this may slow down the search.
We are working on an alternative solution that will speed all!
JiFile
JoomPhoto Mobile
Easy Language