Forum

JiFile for Joomla!

JIFile
JiFile is a component for Joomla! that allows you to index file contents (PDF, DOC, etc..) to perform searches in them.

Learn more...  Demo

JoomPhoto Mobile

JPhotoMobile
JoomPhoto Mobile is a component for Joomla! that allows you to share the photos from your Android device to your site Joomla.

Learn more...  Demo

iFile Framework

IFile
IFile is an open source framework written entirely in PHP, allows the indexing of textual content of a document (DOC, PDF, EXCEL, etc.) and a quick search within them.

Learn more...  Demo

Easy Language

EasyLanguage
Easy Language is a plugin for easy and immediate management of multilingual texts in every possible area of joomla, articles, components, modules, metadata, template, other components(example K2) etc.

Learn more...

Article Book Effect

Article Book Effect
View Joomla articles with the effect turns the page of a book. This plugin will display the contents of an article in Joomla as a real book or magazine, using all the benefits of HTML5

Learn more...  Demo

Passport photo

Passport photo
The most popular Android app that allows you to print photos cards for your documents with your Android smartphone, in a simple and intuitive way.

Learn more...

Crazy Shadow

Crazy Shadow
Crazy Shadow is the 3D fast-paced and fun puzzle Android game! Try to rotate and drag shapes in the position of their shadows without fail! Solve in succession all combinations of levels of the game.

Learn more...

Admin Countdown

Admin Countdown
Module for Joomla! 2.5 and 3.x displays in the administration part of the site, a timer with countdown of the time remaining in your session.

Learn more...  Demo

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Are there limits...?

Are there limits...? 02 Oct 2012 11:50 #632

• prob1
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi All

Could anyone tell me if there are any limitations to the number of pdf documents that jiFile can index? I am looking to upload several 1000 documents and I am hoping that this module can assist?

Many thanks in advance
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Are there limits...? 02 Oct 2012 11:55 #634

• Giampaolo
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 43
Hello,
JiFile has no limit on the number of files to be indexed, we have indexed 32000 files for a project.
There is only one restriction on the size of the index (the index folder) can not be greater than 2GB, for server to 32bit, or 4GB for server to 64bit.

You must verify that your server not have limit.
For example, some servers do not exceed the size of a file to a certain limit for safety. This could cause problems since Zend tries to indexed (and thus save a file), but the server does not allow him to do it because the file has exceeded the size limit.
If you like, if it was useful, consider a donation, Thanks
Se vuoi, se ti siamo stati utili, considera una donazione, Grazie
Help us by voting our extensions on Joomla.org:
JiFile
JoomPhoto Mobile
Easy Language

Re: Are there limits...? 02 Oct 2012 15:08 #636

• prob1
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Giampaolo

Many thanks for the swift reply. I will take your advice and see what happens. I have 20,000 files to index so I will come back if any issues arise...

Thanks again

Re: Are there limits...? 02 Oct 2012 15:45 #637

• Giampaolo
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 43
Hi,
if you have more files, you must use a cron that you can call from command line.
The index of more file from "Browser" is very slow, and Apache process could kill script PHP after a certain time.

you can download the "Cron" for JiFile from here:
www.isapp.it/it/download-jifile/jifile-cron.html

You can create un ".bat" for windows or a "cron" for linux that calls the scritps or call from command line,
read this topic for use:
www.isapp.it/en/forum-en/7-component/75-cron-.html#124
JiFile
JoomPhoto Mobile
Easy Language

Re: Are there limits...? 03 Oct 2012 18:02 #638

• prob1
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Giampaolo

Many thanks for the advice. If you can assist I now have a problem with the installation i.e. in the JiFile main page I see:

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in J:\xampp\htdocs\Archive\administrator\components\com_jifile\helpers\jifilehelper.php on line 50

Strict Standards: Declaration of JifileController::display() should be compatible with JController::display($cachable = false, $urlparams = false) in J:\xampp\htdocs\Archive\administrator\components\com_jifile\controller.php on line 116

Strict Standards: Declaration of jiFileConfig::parserConfig() should be compatible with IFileConfig::parserConfig() in J:\xampp\htdocs\Archive\administrator\components\com_jifile\helpers\jiFileConfig.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in J:\xampp\htdocs\Archive\administrator\components\com_jifile\helpers\jifilehelper.php on line 50

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in J:\xampp\htdocs\Archive\administrator\components\com_jifile\helpers\jifilehelper.php on line 64

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in J:\xampp\htdocs\Archive\administrator\components\com_jifile\models\lucene.php on line 29

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in J:\xampp\htdocs\Archive\administrator\components\com_jifile\controller.php on line 108

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in J:\xampp\htdocs\Archive\administrator\components\com_jifile\views\frontpage\view.html.php on line 144

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in J:\xampp\htdocs\Archive\administrator\components\com_jifile\views\frontpage\view.html.php on line 22

I enclose my config file also.

Many thanks in advance

This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Are there limits...? 04 Oct 2012 11:51 #639

• prob1
  • Fresh Boarder
After looking through all of the posts on your forum I can confirm that:

I have tried setting My Server is to 32bit and 64bit

Everything is green apart from id3 for MP3 parsing - which I will never use.

XPDF is executable CHMOD 0755

The ifile folder exists and the contents can be seen by Jifile

I have tried setting Duplicate to Yes

Tried setting the Analyzer type to Utf8Num

I still get th same errors on the front screen and it will not index a single pdf... :(

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated :)

Many thanks for your assistance so far.....

N.B.My system is thus:

Joomla 2.5.7
JiFile 1.0.7
PHP 5.4.7
Last Edit: 04 Oct 2012 11:57 by prob1.Reason: Additional information provided

Re: Are there limits...? 04 Oct 2012 12:13 #640

• prob1
  • Fresh Boarder
I may have had a strange breakthrough. I have found that if I set the global configuration error reporting to None i.e.

Site /Global Configuration / Server

The errors disappear from the front page and the indexing now works. Following several tests I can confirm that the indexing, on my system, works when error reporting is set to:

None
Simple

it does not work on:

System default
Maximum
Development

Could you tell me if there are any ways to set the system back to System default which would then permit the indexing to work?

Many thanks in advance

Re: Are there limits...? 04 Oct 2012 12:25 #641

• Antonio
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 66
Hi,
usually on a production site, the error reporting is set to None or Simple.
System default depends on how it is configured on the system.

However, are not really mistakes but alerts.
JiFile
JoomPhoto Mobile
Easy Language